1. Lauren’s story motivated me to take my camera around the neighborhood this week. This gorgeous hydrangea turned out to be one of my favorites. I love the creaminess of the petals. It is in the garden of a gorgeous mansion overlooking the park. I’m going back to get a photo of the house for you.
2. Here is a purple variety. Endless summer is the name, I think. Anyone?
3. What happens when it’s 105 degrees, you live on the 5th floor and you’re wearing a fur coat?
4. When it gets this hot, my little window air conditioner is no match for the oven, so I try not to turn it on at all. I make a lot of no-cook salads for dinner. This one is so simple you’re eating in less than 10 minutes, and the guilt factor is low. Here I have spinach, artichokes, cannellini beans, green peppers, radishes and provolone cheese topped with a balsamic vinaigrette.
5. Belated birthday. For my birthday a couple of months ago, I received this pocket-sized library as a gift: my first e-reader. But it was only this week that I actually got around to getting it. It’s a touch screen. Whoooo. Fancy, I know.
I haven’t started reading a book on it yet, but so far it’s been very easy to set up. The screen doesn’t seem like it will tiring for my eyes. Do you have an e-reader? What made you get one? Have you stopped buying paper books because of it?
Look who it is on my screen saver.
Have a great weekend, everyone, and stay cool!