1. Move over eHarmony. Meet & Seat is here. KLM Airlines is launching Meet & Seat to let you take the awkwardness of a first date and extend it to 6 or 7 hours of a trans-Atlantic flight. Before committing to a long term relationship, if you want to know what your potential mate would look like after a red-eye with unwashed face and morning breath, this program is for you!
Since one of my flights to Amsterdam will be on KLM Airlines, I’ve been offered the opportunity to “pick seatmates by checking out social media profiles of fellow passengers who link to their profiles during check-in.” By linking my FB or Twitter profile, others can sit next to me if we have similar interests. (Mom, are you behind this?)
I wonder if I can find a seatmate with the profile of “likes to plug in iPod and nap on long flights.”
2. Dog Tease. You may have seen this YouTube sensation already, but I couldn’t resist posting it. Here’s what happens when someone eats this poor dog’s bacon treats. 😉
<object width=”420″ height=”315″><param name=”movie” value=”http://www.youtube.com/v/nGeKSiCQkPw?version=3&hl=en_US”></param><param name=”allowFullScreen” value=”true”></param><param name=”allowscriptaccess” value=”always”></param></object>
3. Day 592 of mortgage refinance. I. Might. Close. Next. Week. When this process started I was insuring my cave against dinosaur attacks. The bank is finally feeling the heat. Stay tuned.
4. Call me, Lionel. The folks over at Mental Floss have a way with funny useless flyers. Like this one. Check out 11 more here.
5. Guerilla Valentine. This is one Valentine’s Day tradition I can get on board with. You may remember Patience Delgado from a Shine post a few months ago. She’s taking her Guerilla Goodness campaign right to the heart of Valentine’s Day by spreading notes of kindness to remind people they are lovable.
<object width=”560″ height=”315″><param name=”movie” value=”http://www.youtube.com/v/ZpqEM_h4mcY?version=3&hl=en_US”></param><param name=”allowFullScreen” value=”true”></param><param name=”allowscriptaccess” value=”always”></param></object>
How do you celebrate Valentine’s Day? Will you do anything special?
Have a great weekend, everyone!