A tour of my Brooklyn neighborhood in signs…
1. They’re filming the television show The Good Wife in my neighborhood. Again. Dear Producers: Why not try a studio instead of tying up traffic and parking for three days? Thank you.
2. If I get one more menu from the Wok Inn, I can start a bonfire.
3. Are you confused? Do you have a lot of hard choices to make? The Brooklyn Society for Ethical Culture can help. They are housed in one of the most beautiful old mansions across from the park.
In a future edition, I’ll get shots of the whole building. For now here is a sneak peak of the stately lion.
4. This Starbucks passed all of its exams. NYC has a restaurant grading system. (Does anyone else live in a city with something similar?) Health inspectors issue grades based on food handling and preparation and personal hygiene of the workers. Any violation of a regulation results in points, and this game is like golf – the lower the score the better. Any grade worse than a “C” and the restaurant is closed immediately. Let’s be honest, though. In a world where “C” means average, I want any restaurant where I eat to be an overachiever.
5. The bodega around the corner has a huge flower stall just outside the entrance. When I walk by the mixture of scents is intoxicating. I couldn’t resist a shot of the beautiful tulips from Holland since I’ll soon be visiting where these guys sprouted from bulbs.
Have a great weekend, everyone!