Time for another tour around the neighborhood. Here are some interesting signs that give you a some of the local flavor.
1. The Garden Is Open. Spring has definitely sprung here in the northeast. Temperatures were in the 70s most of the week. and the daffodils are in bloom everywhere. This is a very small community space tended by neighbors. Places like these add so much to the area and give people with green thumbs a chance to dig in the dirt.
I caught this little guy trying to peek out. The first tulip bud I’ve seen so far.
2. Yes, you’re reading this correctly. So if you live in a sane city (and I’m guessing that if you’re not in NYC, you do), the next photo is going to cause some sticker shock. They really are asking $499,000 for a 1 bedroom apartment. It has two outdoor spaces. Come on.
The sad part, for the sellers at least, is that this unit probably would have gone for close to $600,000 a few years ago before the event which shall not be named occurred.
3. For Dogs, Cats and Birds. This sign exemplifies what I enjoy about my neighborhood. As soon as the weather begins to moderate, a man puts out this bucket and hose every morning. His apartment is on one of the main roads to the park so his set up gets lots of business, especially on hot days. Reggie insists on Perrier only of course, but I’ve seen plenty of dogs enjoy a refreshing drink and sometimes a dip.
4. Going underground. Whenever I see this sign at my subway stop I know I’m almost home. The train is coming into the station on the right. Time to stand clear of the closing doors.
5. Live, Work, Create. I think that about says it all.
Have a great weekend everyone!