Every now and then a few friends and I get together for girls’ night out. It’s fun to spend some time with people who know you well and conversation is easy and fun. It’s not that we purposely exclude the guys, but I don’t think they’d appreciate it. (Something tells me they don’t do the same things on guys’ night out.)
Here’s how girls’ night out goes.
1. Anticipation. One of my friends suggested a restaurant I hadn’t been to before, so I went online to check out the menu. Yum. (Ok, I secretly decided what I was going to eat before I even got to the restaurant.)
2. Location. (Location. Location.) Brucie is in Carroll Gardens (for those of you who know the ‘hood) and it has a nice neighborhood feel. It’s not a large restaurant, but the waitress never rushed us to give up our table. A key ingredient for a good girls’ night out venue.
3. Libation. Need I say more? Ok, here’s a suggestion. Just order the bottle. You’ll thank me later.
4. Presentation. Maybe it was too much of # 3 above, but my dish looked like…well, I’m just going to say it. Breasts. Too cutsie for girls’ night out?
5. Dissertation. The essence of girls’ night out is the camaraderie. A little reminiscing, some daydreaming and a lot of laughing. In case you’re wondering, we do discuss important topics such as the Chicago teachers’ strike and if Bradley Cooper would make our top 5 lists. (Conclusion: he would.)
When was the last time you went on a girls’ or guys’ night out? What did you do? Anyone care to elaborate on what exactly happens during guys’ night out?
Have a great weekend, everyone!