I was inspired by Caitlin’s recent post over at Broadside listing 20 things that make her happy. I love this idea because I think it’s wonderful to be grateful for these small moments that can seemingly pass in the blink of an eye. A few years ago, I created a list of 50 things that make me smile, which is one of my most viewed posts. That is a more perennial list, so here are some reasons I’m thankful it’s spring:
- Taking Reggie to the park to run off leash
- Cat-sitting for my neighbor, who is on spring break, and appreciating the similarities and differences between cats and dogs
- Asparagus at the farmers market
- Getting up at 5:30 every morning to write is much more pleasant now that It’s light outside.
- The view from my roof deck
- Digging my summer clothes out of storage (hello, old friends)
- Not needing to wear gloves
- Tulips! And daffodils!
- Open windows letting in a fresh breeze
- Mad Men is back
- Smorgasburg is back (Can’t wait to write a post about this.)
- Strolling along the Hudson River during my lunch hour
- Two words: flip flops
- Remembering Nobel Prize-winning author Gabriel Garcia Marquez on the news of his death, and one of the best opening lines to a novel ever written:
Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Colonel Aureliano Buendia was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice. ~One Hundred Years of Solitude
What are some things that are making you smile this spring?
Have a great weekend, everyone!